Yes, yes, yes it’s been a while since I was last here. You know every time I go to my therapy appointment, one of the first question that’s always asked of me is “do you have any regrets” or thing you miss about your decision. And overall I can answer “not really”. But there are some things that I do miss sometimes about my past. So here is my top ten things I miss about being a dude.
- I miss not having to smile all the time. Yes, there nothing wrong with a guy not smiling, they’re just deep in thought or something. Now, everyone tells you “you need to smile more”. Sometimes I am really am deep in thought though.
- I find myself constantly apologizing for everything. I’m not sure why I do this actually, but it just happens.
- I definitely miss having more time to spend with my kids!!!
- When I have to move my desk or anything heavy, no problem, not so much now. I always have to ask for help.
- There are sometimes I really wish I wasn’t so damn emotional! I’m not sure if my emotional churning is from he hormones or what. I’m still getting use to this constant upheaval and learning how to control it instead of them controlling me!!
- The head nod!! Guys have this non verbal head nod that you do as your passing by someone. It tells them “hey, how’s it going dude” all with a nod. Yeah now, you gotta say something so you don’t look like a stuck up b**tch. And I’m definitely not that, but I do miss the easy of the nod!!
- I miss the easy grooming routine sometimes. Don’t want to shave one morning, no problem, the stable look is in! Try getting away with wearing a skirt without shave the forest on your legs!!
- Trying to pick out the perfect outfit can be a chore sometimes when I go to work. Before, ah, blue pants or black and pick one of 4 color shirts and walla, instant outfit! But on the flit side, I have a lot more choices to express myself and my mood! Lol!!
- Not having to wear panty hose!!! OMG what guy invented this torture device!! They look nice on, but wrestling these damn things on really is a hassle!!
- And the top ten thing I do miss, and I hate to say this to loadly, relieving thyself from the upright position!!! Yes folks, there are sometimes I would just love to drop a zip and relieve!!
Well, there you have it! The only things I could think of!! I definaltely made the right decision for myself. But the one thing I have learned through all of this past two years. Neither men or women are any better or worse than the other! I think we spend way to much time trying to put others down for one reason or another. Women are weaker, men are to dominating or whatever. I know that there are things I can do now that I think are better than my former life. I think there were parts of my former life that were more advantageous and made my life easier. But I don’t really look at it like that at all. I sorta think we should all celebrate our differences and respect everyone else’s differences. Maybe some day everyone will figure out that as a nation we are so much stronger for our diversity instead of fearing the diversity!!
Oh well! Back to reality and another day of basketball!! Gooooo Cats!!!